Behavioral Health Nonprofit Exceeds Goals for National Training
Created by Cori Albrecht
In the first year of inbound marketing with Yodelpop, this behavioral health organization providing training and advocacy achieved results including:
- Website Traffic: ⬆️ 94%
(from an average of 2K sessions/m to an average of just under 4K sessions/m)
- Leads Generated Online: ⬆️ 390%
(from an average of 10/m to an average of more than 49/m)
- Lead to Customer Conversion Rate: ⬆️ 15%
- Exceeded Sales Goal By ⬆️ 118%
This mission-driven nonprofit provides hundreds of trainings and events for behavioral health professionals annually, many resulting in Continuing Education Credits (CECs). They recently expanded from statewide to regional, and then expanded again to serve a national audience. To meet their goals for training and event registration, they needed a way to attract more web traffic, convert web visitors into leads, and nurture those leads through the buyer’s journey.
Challenges facing the organization included:
- Lack of SEO strategy and optimization for new content being added to the website
- Lack of conversion opportunities to turn visitors into leads (downloads, forms, calls to action)
- Lack of list segmentation to convert leads to customers/advocates (form fields, personalized emails, contextual web content)
- Absence of automation/systems for engaging people who provide their contact information
- Not enough internal capacity/staffing for marketing
After adopting HubSpot as its CRM and inbound marketing platform, the organization opted to augment its internal marketing staff by partnering with Yodelpop, providing them with an expert marketing team—account manager, content creators, designers, developers, and more.
As a result, this organization generated 600 new leads online in the first 12 months of inbound marketing activities with Yodelpop, and has converted 15% of those new leads into customers with email marketing.
Yodelpop worked with the organization’s team to:
- Create a content-rich website and downloadable assets that serve as a traffic magnet, drawing more visitors to the website and converting them into leads
- Nurture leads to become customers, leveraging a range of sophisticated tools in HubSpot's all-in-one marketing software
- Refresh the organization's website to optimize existing content and improve user experience and brand profile
Yodelpop’s specific strategies and activities to improve lead generation and nurturing with this client included:
- Created key personas. Yodelpop helped the client identify and develop their most important personas that match their ideal members and influencers.
- Aligned sales and marketing teams to formulate SMART marketing goals to support the organization’s growth goals.
- Formulated a detailed gameplan ensuring effective use of resources throughout each month, quarter, and year.
- Leveraged Google AdGrants, building, optimizing, and maintaining campaigns to promote the organization’s resources, content, and special events to a broader, geotargeted audience.
- Inbound Marketing
- Created a content strategy with topic cluster methodology to attract more qualified traffic to the website. Continually address the needs of the organization’s key personas and tell the organization’s unique story, promoting its mission and niche expertise using principles of inbound marketing.
- Developed pillar pages—long, authoritative pages that solve a specific problem and play a key role in attracting traffic to the client’s site with the goal of converting visitors into leads
- Launched an educational blog—regularly publishing posts that answer key personas’ specific questions and challenges, and link back to the pillar pages to solve their biggest problems
- Engaged social media audiences by consistently posting organic social content that answers important questions, draws them to the website, and converts them to leads
- Lead Generation and Nurturing
- Identified lost conversion opportunities and created a new online lead pipeline to identify prospects and convert them to leads.
- Designed and implemented lead nurturing email workflows providing a personalized experience to build relationships with leads and convert them into customers.
- Created an e-newsletter that demonstrates the organization’s value to all subscribers, reinforcing thought leadership while driving traffic to the website and nurturing leads.
- Built dozens of conversion paths/opportunities on the website, driving visitors to take an action via forms and CTAs that match their stage of the buyer’s journey. Visitors provide their contact information and in exchange receive something of value, nurturing the relationship up to and beyond membership conversion.
- Provided a cost-effective import solution to bridge a niche, legacy learning management software (LMS) with HubSpot marketing software, ensuring that all leads are nurtured effectively.
By implementing a content-based inbound marketing strategy using HubSpot marketing software, Yodelpop helped this nonprofit increase web traffic by 94%, leads generated online by 390%, and convert 15% of new leads to customers in the first year.